Saturday, November 11, 2017

Week 45 Review: Hell on Wheels

From Goodreads:
He's the bad boy she's always wanted...

Nate "Ghost" Weller has loved Ali Morgan nearly half his life. But he's done something so heinous he's convinced she'll never forgive him if she discovers the truth, so he keeps his feelings and his secrets to himself. Then she blows into town with a mother lode of bad guys on her tail and Nate can't deny she's in serious trouble. Unfortunately, he's the only one who can help her.

She's the good girl he's kept at arm's length...

Ali knows Nate as the most solemn, aloof man on the planet. Sadly, he's also the sexiest. For years she's avoided him, unable to stomach his dark scowls and brooding silences… especially when she secretly yearns for his touch. Now she must rely on him to save her from the malevolent shadows ghosting her every move. When the bullets explode, so does their passion. But can love really conquer all? Or are some things just too terrible to forgive?

My Review:
This book was pretty awesome! I enjoyed the mix of ex-military operatives and romance and mystery, and I can't wait to read more of this mix in future books! And I loved the team, and these characters we got to know, and will have future books with! Really excited!

I have one complaint about this book. And that was Nate's accent/the way he talked. It just annoyed me so much! I get that people do talk like that, but it was hard to read, a bit hard to understand, and just really jarring. I can take accents like Scottish, but this one, nope.

The mystery with what her brother had been doing, well, beyond what Black Knights Inc actually is, and what he kept from his co-workers, well, that was a pretty big deal! But emotionally, there was how he died, too, which weighed on Nate, but he ended his friend's suffering.

Really enjoyed how everything wrapped up, the good guys took down the bad, and the one dude well, if I remember correctly, he's going to get a book, so I'm happy with where he's at. And I'm really excited for the next book's couple, since they had so many sparks in this book!

This book was really fantastic, I enjoyed it a lot, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Julie Ann Walker
Series: Black Knights Inc. #1
Read: November 9th, 2017
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really good and I got some of the later books in the series from NetGalley! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Published: August 7th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!