Saturday, November 11, 2017

Week 45 Review: Haven

From Goodreads:
Rain Ryland has never belonged anywhere. He's used to people judging him for his rough background, his intimidating size, and now, his orphan status. He's always been on the outside, looking in, and he's fine with that. Until he moves to New Wurzburg and meets Friederike Burkhart. 

Freddie isn't like normal teen girls, though. And someone wants her dead for it. Freddie warns he'd better stay far away if he wants to stay alive, but Rain's never been good at running from trouble. For the first time, Rain has something worth fighting for, worth living for. Worth dying for.

My Review:
Look at this book and say that it's not good! You can't, because it is! It was so unique, and I loved the details of this world! It was a different take on various paranormal creatures, and it was so fascinating to read about with these characters!

So I want to get my complaint over quickly. I either read this book too quickly (a very distinct possibility!) or the writing in this book was a bit sparse, missing details that I would've liked it to have. Without those details, I didn't quite connect or really reading quickly. Oh well!

I really enjoyed Rain and Freddie. Rain's had a tough life, he was homeless and then his mom died, meaning he had to go live with his aunt. And then he met Freddie, and yeah, I was kinda reminded of Beautiful Creatures, Ethan and Lena, the guy being introduced to the world by the girl. Great dynamic!

So between the world, the characters, the mystery and the romance, there was a lot packed into the 311 ebook pages. And it was just a story that I wanted to, and enjoyed, reading, and I'm just so glad that I did, because it was so great! That big final confrontation was just badass and I loved seeing Freddie claim her power!

This book was so great and so enjoyable! I loved it!

Author: Mary Lindsey
Read: November 9th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded good, and I've enjoyed her writing! And it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Published: November 7th 2017
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!