Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Divinity of Anila: Review

From Goodreads:
--My name is Anila. Up until a few days ago, I thought I was just like every other teenage girl. Seriously, life was awesome. I was popular, had great grades, and was on my way to getting a scholarship to one of the top universities in the state. Then my boyfriend decided to go crazy on me, and I end up in a car with some other guy who claims magic is real. Crazy, is what I say. Pretty sure he's out of his mind. I--

--Hold on a minute, Nila is not giving me a fair chance. The name is Bailey, and I'm not crazy. I'm a Muse. And so is she. That's why her boyfriend got uber possessive on her. Muses inspire the best in others, and without control over their magic, a Muse can be pretty addictive to hang around.

Which is why I'm here, to teach Nila how to control that magic so she doesn't cause any more problems with the every day humans. See--

--I hate how he says every day humans like I'm not one of them. Oh, and get this, I apparently can't touch him, even just a tiny bit, because we might create magical sparks...or something?--

--Look at all the things she doesn't know about being a Muse. The sparks help us find our soul mate. Do I need to explain why I don't need her touching me right now? We just met. Besides, it's common courtesy. Keep your hands to yourself. 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! The synopsis really hooked me, with the back and forth of who was narrating. It gave a great insight into Anila and Bailey's relationship! Prickly, and this is when they first meet. And really enjoyable to read!

The world of the Muses, and other magic users, was really interesting! I have a bare minimum of knowledge about the Greek Muses, and they serve the same purpose, and Muses can't have kids with humans, implying that they aren't human, themselves, yeah. Very interesting!

Being dumped into this world without previously knowing about it, that was hard. But given what triggered that dumping, better than it not happening, given her stalker boyfriend! Plus, there were other things going on, like there's a reason why this book is called The Divinity of Anila, because the whole Divine thing, she's special! And people want to take advantage of that. Which sucks!

The way things ended, well, let's just say that I'm not sure if this is a stand alone or not. There are big choices to make in the future, sure, but things are mostly wrapped up. On the other hand, those big choices could be another book or more. But for now, I'll stay with saying it's a stand alone until I know otherwise!

This book was really enjoyable, and a really great read!

Author: Cloud S. Riser
Read: November 14th, 2017
Source: Silver Daggers Tours review copy
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Published: January 27th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars
Giveaway:

Bio:
Cloud S. Riser is a Minnesota native. She has lived in Minnesota her whole life. She will probably remain there for her whole life too. The mother of The Squid, Skyscraper, and two cats, her life is definitely never dull. An adventure she braves with her husband. In order to stay sane, she creates massive amounts of fiction which she has decided to share with the rest of the world for the simple reason of: she is a storyteller.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!