Saturday, April 8, 2017

Week 14 Review: Making Bad Choices

From Goodreads:
Culter Fuller came back into my life on the day my mother died, as if losing my mother wasn't bad enough.

We hated each other since childhood. Well, I hated him. He had a very different story. 

When I moved to my dad's house to finish my last semester of high school, we went from bitter enemies to. . . something else. He was suddenly everywhere, occupying my space, determined to pull me into his life, filling me with thoughts I knew were wrong. 

I knew that soon we would cross a line that should never be crossed. 

I knew crossing that line could have very serious consequences; because Culter Fuller wasn't just any irresistible boy, Culter Fuller was my stepbrother. 

But, I was always very bad at making the right choices. 

My Review:
This book was a lot of fun to read! It started pretty dark with the death of her mother and the upheaval of her life, but her relationship and interestings with Culter were just fantastic to read! I was cheering them on! After all, they're not actually blood relatives!

I really enjoyed reading about these characters! Cassie was an arty girl, and Culter was something of a ladies man. When they were younger, and her dad and his mom got together, there was a bit of tension that she still remembers badly. But he remembers differently!

All Cassie wants to do is blend in, and finish high school. Culter has a different one, and his is the one that prevails more often than not, having his group of friends claim lockers near hers, sharing a lot of classes, and more! It was just so great to read!

There was a lot of conflict in this book. Because even though they aren't related, it's still kinda taboo. And there was a bit of a mixed bag in reactions. And there was a struggle just for them to get together, as well! But that just made it more awesome to read!

This was a really amazing book, and I really enjoyed reading it!

Author: Rita Stradling
Read: April 7th, 2017
Source: YA Bound for Review
Reason Why: Sounded really good and it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Rita Stradling
Published: January 10th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!